Have you ever tried to find out what causes pimples and how to get rid of pimples fast naturally?
A pimple is formed when the sebaceous glands inside a hair follicle get enlarged. They combine with excess sebum and dead skin cells resulting into clogging of the skin pores. As the exit is blocked, it causes bacterial infection in the form of pimples. The conditions created thus are prefect environment for the common bacteria to thrive in. As a result of this bacterial infection inflammation occurs, which imparts the pimple an angry-red and swollen appearance.
Pimples are most common problem with the teenagers of both sexes. The girls are more concerned about pimples. So a big question arises is – how to get rid of pimples fast naturally? In this article, you will find some effective natural pimple remedies for getting rid of pimples. Read on ……….
1. Never touch, scratch or pinch a pimple: Our first advice is to never touch, rub, scratch, squeeze or pop a pimple. It will only spread more bacteria onto your skin, make it more infected, can lead to redness of pimples, make them more apparent & scarring.
2. Wash your face two times daily: As compared to skin on other parts of your body, the facial skin is more sensitive. This area is more prone to be effected by the pollution, dirt and smoke. So our second tip is to wash your face twice a day, first when you wake up in the morning and second just before sleeping at night. Even if you are busy or tired, just take out a few extra minutes to take care of your facial skin and you will be rewarded with pimple free skin.
(i) Use a mild, medicated soap and a little warm water to wash your face gently, but thoroughly.
(ii) Wash your face for about 30-60 seconds, as it would take this much time to kill bacteria.
(iii) Do not scrub or wipe your face with towel after washing your face, instead pat dry your face with a soft towel. Wiping with a towel can also spread the bacteria to all over your body.
(iv) A useful tip is never sleep with make up on your face. Wash it off thoroughly before you hit your bed. Sleeping with makeup on your face is a guaranteed way to aggravate your pimple problem and making getting rid of pimples even more cumbersome. Best practice is to remove your makeup first with oil-free makeup remover before you wash your face with a cleanser, to ensure that all makeup residues are removed thoroughly.
And if possible minimize wearing makeup, as it clogs your pores and can aggravate your pimples’ condition.
3. Go for products containing benzoyl peroxide: Consider washing your face with a soap/face wash containing benzoyl peroxide or apply a lotion containing benzoyl peroxide over your pimple-prone areas. Benzoyl peroxide acts to slough dead skin cells and stimulate your skin to regenerate new, uncontaminated cells faster.
Tip: Go for products containing 3% or even lesser of benzoyl peroxide to prevent getting your skin irritated.
4. Try some products containing salicylic acid: Like benzoyl peroxide, this acid works to get rid of dead skin cells and stimulate new skin growth. Apply this in the form of a cleanser or as a spot treatment every day on the pimple-affected areas. This may make your skin dry and scaly around pimples in the beginning, but this problem will go away over a period of time as the skin starts to regenerate faster.
5. Try products with mandelic acid, as this acid has antibacterial properties that can kill pimple causing bacteria.
6. Try products with azelaic acid: This acid again has antibacterial properties and moreover has properties to reduce redness and inflammation. It also works to clean your skin pores and reduce dark marks left by pimples.
7. Try products having sulfur: Go for some products containing sulfur, as sulfur works as pimple killer.
8. Try a retinoid: Try retinoid in the form of cleansers. They contain very high levels of vitamin A and work to clean out clogged pores and dissolve out dirt. You can either buy over-the-counter available retinoid products or consult your dermatologist to take his prescription.
8. Spot Pimple Treatments: Spot pimple remedies are specific products that can be applied to your pimple spots rather than applying on your entire face. You can either purchase an over-the-counter spot treatment from your local drugstore or if you are interested in natural ways to get rid of pimples then make one at your home by using natural ingredients available in your kitchen.
(i) Make a thick paste by mixing baking soda with a little water and apply it over your pimples at night before you sleep. Wash your face gently in the morning.
(ii) Crush and dissolve aspirin tablets in water and then apply this mixture over your pimples to reduce inflammation and get rid of pimple redness.
9. Some more natural remedies for pimples – Read on for how to get rid of pimples naturally:
(i) Any treatment for pimples will only work when your pores are open to absorb the treatment. For this you need to steam your face for opening pores.
(ii) Mix 2 tbsp of pure organic honey with 1 tbsp of cinnamon and apply this mixture over your face and leave it there for 5-10 minutes, and then rinse off. This works to prevent or guard against further aggravation of pimples, as honey has antibiotic properties.
(iii) In case you are having swelled pimples, place ice cubes over such pimples for a minute or so to reduce swelling and redness.
(iv) Fenugreek leaves: Make a paste of fenugreek leaves and apply at night before you sleep, on the pimples affected areas. Let it remain there over-night and rinse it off in the morning to get rid of pimples fast.
General Tips and Cautions:
(i) If after a treatment for pimples, your skin becomes dry and scaly then apply a moisturizer containing a mild sunscreen.
(ii) Never attempt too many remedies for pimples at the same time, as if one of them works you won’t know which one of them is successful.
(iii) Some of the topical pimple treatments, like salicylic acid, are no doubt very effective in treating pimples but they can make your skin more sun-sensitive. So use sunscreens in case you are using topical treatments.
In case your pimple conditions still persist after applying above pimple remedies, consider consulting a dermatologist for getting rid of pimples fast.