Mostly teenagers suffer from acne or pimples, due to the escalated hormone levels in their bodies. However, acne is a common skin problem that can affect people of all ages, irrespective of their sex or race. Acne can occur on your face, chest, back and scalp. And the culprits can be the hormones that many times cause excessive production of sebum to clog up your skin pores, or the raging bacteria that some times go out of control.
When acne or pimples rear their ugly head then you suddenly get desperate to look out for acne treatments that can get you rid of your skin misery. What will you do then? Will you turn to harsh chemicals, and expensive acne treatments? Hold on, you need to have patience and treat your skin the right way so and it will reward you in kind!
The answer is, natural at home acne remedies as they are sound options to treat acne, or at least ward it off. You need to do a reality check and figure out what has been happening to your skin, and now how to tackle it. Give a try to acne home remedies, and chances are your skin will compensate you in kind for not wrecking it with outlandish chemicals, and surely your wallet will thank you also.
Natural At Home Remedies To Clear Acne
Read on here for easy and best home remedies for acne to help you prevent or get rid of acne to keep your skin clear, moisturized and glowing.
1.Tea Tree Oil – Acne Home Remedy: Tea tree oil is used in treating many skin problems, especially acne. But a question can come to your mind that when too much sebum is already clogging your pores and causing acne breakout, why should you use more oil? Don’t worry! Tea tree oil is quite different from the oil that your skin produces naturally. In fact, it acts like a solvent that perforates through extra sebum and dead skin cells, and unclogs the pores. It works like an antiseptic and disinfects the pores. Moreover, because of its antibacterial characteristics it kills the bacteria that cause acne and so also prevent further breakouts.
You will require: Tea tree oil, clean water, Q-tips or cotton swab.
Method: Wash your face with clean water and pat-dry with a clean, soft towel. Dilute tea tree oil by mixing 1 part of oil with 9 parts of clean water. Dip a Q-tip or cotton ball in the mixture, and simply apply it directly onto the affected areas. If you like to use a stronger mixture after some time, take care to increase the strength only slowly and gradually, ensuring to use each new mixture for at least a week before making it stronger. If you feel your skin gets dry, you can apply a light moisturizer as a finishing touch.
Alternatively, dilute the tea tree oil with aloe vera gel instead of water – especially if you have sensitive skin.
(i) Never apply undiluted tea tree oil.
(ii) Tea tree oil should be used topically only, and should never be ingested.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar – Home Remedy Acne: Apple cider vinegar probably is the best home remedy for acne. Why so? It exterminates bacteria that might be causing the acne agony in the first place. Its alkaline characteristic works to balance the pH of your skin; consequently it will become tougher for bacteria to thrive. And the bonus is it acts like an astringent, like lemon juice, which will help in drying up extra oil. Considering this, don’t overdo otherwise you will dry out your skin much more than required. This will result into the sebaceous glands overproducing to compensate, thus leading to outbreak.
You will require: Pure unfiltered apple cider vinegar and fresh water.
Method: Wash your face with clean water and pat-dry with a clean, soft towel. Dilute apple cider vinegar by mixing 1 part of vinegar with 3 parts of clean water. Dip a cotton ball in the mixture, and simply apply to the affected areas. Let the mixture sit there for at least 10 minutes, or even overnight. Reapply several times in a day, but rinsing your face completely after each time. Finish with applying a mild moisturizer, if you feel your skin got dry.
3. Baking Soda – Home Remedy For Acne Treatment: Sodium bicarbonate (also called as baking soda) is an effective remedy for clearing acne due to its many folds properties. It’s mild antiseptic in nature, as well as it has got super natural abilities to ward off fungus and bacteria and to dry up extra oil, at the same time can exfoliate your skin through microdermabrasion. Thus, it unplugs the skin pores, removes dead skin cells and also helps to regulate pH balance of the skin, thereby making it soft and beautiful.
You will require: Baking soda and clean water.
Method: You have three options to use this remedy.
(i) You can make a facial mask, or a direct scrub. To prepare a facial mask, combine baking soda and clean water in equal parts to make a thick paste. Massage this acne facial mask gently in slow circular motions for 2 minutes, using your clean fingertips. Leave on the mask for about 15-20 minutes, then wash it off completely with clean water, pat dry with clean soft towel, and apply a mild moisturizer.
(ii) You can prepare a face scrub, by combining baking soda with clean water in the ratio of 4:1. Massage your face gently with the scrub. Leave it on for about 5 minutes, and then rinse it off completely with clean water, pat dry with clean soft towel, and apply a mild moisturizer.
(iii) Another at home remedy using baking soda is to mix together 2 tablespoons of baking soda, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon and 5 tablespoons of organic honey. Apply this mask on your face, rinse it off completely after 5 minutes with clean water, pat dry with clean soft towel, and apply a mild moisturizer.
4. Cinnamon And Honey Mask – At Home Remedy To Get Rid Of Acne: Cinnamon and honey when combined together becomes a potent weapon to fight acne. This killer combo is a double edge sword. Cinnamon is an antimicrobial agent, thus it can help obstruct bacteria from getting out of control. If at all it does, the honey, a natural anti-biotic, ready and waiting to slaughter the tiny (but mighty) buggers out.
You will require: 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
Method: Wash your face with clean water and pat-dry with a clean, soft towel. Combine together 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, and stir the mixture well to make a fine, smooth paste. Apply the paste gently over your face (or spot treat), leaving it there for about 15 minutes. Rinse it off thoroughly, and pat dry your face with a clean soft towel.
5. Egg White – At Home Remedy For Acne: Egg white is a well-known solution to cut down acne problem and fade away the scars left behind by unwanted blemishes. The reason for using egg white on acne is that it’s packed with proteins and vitamins that help fight acne, and rebuild your skin cells. It also sops up excess oil that means less food for bacteria to thrive on. Is it not what you want? Just remember to apply your favorite moisturizer afterwards, as egg white can somewhat dry out your skin.
You will require: Egg white(s)
Method: Wash your face with clean water and pat-dry with a clean, soft towel. Remove the yolk from the egg. You can use as many eggs as you need to. Whip the egg whites until they get frothy, and let them settle for a few minutes. Apply the mixture over your face using your fingertips. Apply 3-4 coatings, but ensure to wait that the previous one to dry out before applying next. Let the last one also to dry out and wait for about 15 minutes before rinsing it off thoroughly with clean water and pat dry your face with a soft clean towel. If you feel your skin is getting dry, apply your favorite moisturizer fit for your skin type.
Tip: You can mix freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon with one beaten egg white instead of using only plain egg white.
6. Fuller’s Earth Mud Pack – At Home Remedy For Body Acne: Fuller’s earth (also called as multani mitti) is one of the best home remedies for acne. It’s an Indian Ayurvedic natural remedy for greasy and acne-prone skin due to its ability to absorb excess oil and unclog skin pores, without any fear of over-drying of your skin. It boosts up your skin complexion too.
You will require: Fuller’s earth (multani mitti), rose water and sandalwood powder (optional).
Method: Mix fuller’s earth, rose water and sandal wood powder (optional) in equal parts. Apply this mud mask onto your entire face. Let it dry out. Wait for 5 minutes after it has dried out, and then rinse it off with clean water. Repeat this process 2-3 times a week.
7. Lemon Juice – Natural Home Remedy For Acne: Lemon juice can help remove acne due to its many folds skin friendly properties. It is chock full with vitamin C, which is good for all skin types. It contains citric acid that exfoliates your skin too. Moreover it works as a natural astringent, thus it tightens up your skin tissues and consequently dry out the acne and pimples. It also acts as a skin lightener, so helps in lessening redness of acne and pimples. But you need to make sure that you rinse off lemon juice completely before you go out in the sun.
You will require: About 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice, Q-tips or cotton balls, yogurt, curd, or rose water (optional)
Method: Rinse your face with clean water and pat-dry with a clean, soft towel. Apply any of the following methods.
(i) Dab your finger-tips, a Q-tip, or a cotton ball in lemon juice and apply to the pimples. If it stings, try mixing it first with a little bit of plain, unflavored yogurt or curd.
(ii) Rub a slice of lemon on the affected area, leaving it on for a couple of hours before rinsing the area with water. If it stings, try mixing it with a few drops of rose water and apply this mixture instead of pure lemon juice.
8. Orange Peel – Home Remedy Acne: Orange peel contains good amount of vitamin C, citric acid and has got astringent properties. So it can be used as an effective natural remedy for acne that is caused by bacteria and excess sebum and/or dead skin cells blocking skin pores. Especially vitamin C is beneficial as it boosts the growth of new healthy cells, keeping your skin in good form overall. You have the option of using freshly squeezed juice of orange or its peel, but the peel can be more effective.
You will require: 2 orange peels and fresh, clean water.
Method: Put orange peels in sun light to let it dry out completely. Grind the dried peels into powder form (you can use a blender). Add a little water to prepare a paste. Take care to add a little water at a time, as too much will make it thin and runny. Clean your face with water and pat dry with a clean, soft towel. Apply the paste onto your face and the affected area, leaving it on for about 20-25 minutes. Wash it off with water, pat dry your face, and apply your favorite moisturizer.
9. Aloe Vera Gel – Home Remedy For Face Acne And Pimples: This nature gifted gel has not only the soothing properties, but it acts as an anti-inflammatory agent to reduce redness and swelling. It’s also anti-bacterial in nature, thus is helpful in treating acne and pimples. You can also use it to heal up the scars caused by acne and pimples. You can get aloe vera gel by cutting a leaf of an aloe vera plant and squeezing out gel from it or can buy a good quality aloe vera gel from a drug-store. If you buy from market, make sure it has least amount of additives.
You will require: Aloe vera gel.
Method: Rinse your face with clean water and pat it dry with a soft, clean towel. Using your clean fingertips or a Q-tip, apply the gel directly to the affected area directly, twice in a day.
10. Milk And Honey – Acne Treatment Home Remedy: Some people claim that when dairy products are ingested they may cause acne, but when milk is applied topically it works to improve your skin tone and manage acne problem. Milk can sooth inflamed skin, and help reduce redness. Alternatively, you can use yogurt. It contains acids that are antibacterial in nature and its fat content provides moisture, thus making it pretty nutritious for skin.
You will require: 1 tablespoon plain, unflavored low-fat milk or yogurt (skimmed) and 1 tablespoon raw, organic honey.
Method: Allow the yogurt or milk to come close to room temperature. Mix well 1 tablespoon of honey with I tablespoon of milk or yogurt. Apply the mixture in layers on the troubled skin area with a clean cotton ball or with your cleaned fingertips. Allow each layer to dry out before applying a new one, until the mask is of a thickness you desire. Leave the mask on for about 15 minutes. While rinsing the mask off, very gently scrub your face with a very soft washcloth in circular motion to get rid of loosened dead skin. Take care not to scrub hard.
11. Strawberries And Honey – At Home Acne Remedy: Strawberries are rich source of salicylic acid. You will find this acid in several commercially available acne treatments. This particular acid makes the epidermis to discard dead skin cells easily, unclogging the blocked skin pores, and immobilizing bacteria. Moreover, it also somewhat reduces the size of pores, which will inhibit them clogging up as much in the future, and promotes new cells growth. Honey also neutralizes bacteria that may be causing acne, and is anti-inflammatory as well.
You will require: 3 fresh straw berries (washed well) and 2 teaspoons of organic raw honey.
Method: Rinse your face with clean water and pat it dry with a soft, clean towel. Wash 3 strawberries well, and then mash them up thoroughly, taking care not to over-mash them lest they become runny. Add in 2 teaspoons of raw organic honey and mix them together thoroughly. Apply to your face, leaving the mixture there for 20 minutes. Rinse it off well with water, pat dry, and moisturize your face if your skin gets dry. Use this home remedy twice a week.
12. Papaya – Acne Home Remedy: Papaya in its green or raw form has been used for centuries as a natural way to treat acne. The effectiveness of papaya for acne is debatable, but many users have experienced positive results after just a few applications. Papaya has an exfoliating capability that sloughs off dead skin cells to clear the way for healthy, unclogged pores, Papain, an enzyme that is found in papaya, has been found to be effective in reducing inflammationand producing softer, smoother skin.
You will require: 1 Raw, green papaya
Method: Rinse your face with clean water and pat it dry with a soft, clean towel. Mash up the flesh of papaya well, until you have a mask of a consistency that can be easily applied onto your skin. Apply it to your skin, leaving it on for 15 to 20 minutes. Wash it off thoroughly with clean water. If you feel your skin is getting dry, apply your favorite moisturizer.
The fleshy part of the papaya, when mashed and placed on the face, deposits antimicrobial – or bacteria-fighting – agents onto the skin. This helps reduce acne infections that are caused by acne-causing bacteria.
Try the above at home remedies for acne to get a clear and smooth facial skin and share these remedies with your friends.
Useful Related Posts: